Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

K7SEM motherboard sound problem

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Setup and Configuration » All the Rest » K7SEM motherboard sound problem « Previous Next »

Iain Waugh
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 12:27 pm:   

Ive got a K7SEM motherboard with onboard V+S+M,with an AMD duron 900 chip and 256mb, everything works fine but i get no sound. Windows recognises theirs a sound device their and installs the drivers for it from the manufacturers disk. However under multimedia there is no option to select the device to use for playback and also no volume control on task bar. I've searched the newsgroups and the m/board manufacturers forum and it appears that lots of others are having the same problem however their hasnt been a solution posted from either the manufacturer or a surfer.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanx in advance:)
win
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 7:57 pm:   

dunno, but i did see an updated bios that supposedly fixes an ID error for the sound. go to the ecs site and look for updated drivers, as well as the bios. be sure that you pick the correct one. make sure also, that you check your current version first and back it up during the bios upgrade process. just in case you need to flash it back. but try the driver first, then consider the bios.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/support/support.htm
win
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 11:30 am:   

oh, i did see a notice there about an upgrade to the driver and a patch needed too.
rony
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 1:01 am:   

I have exactly the same problem with the k7sem board ,and i can't get the sound card to work how did you solve that problem?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page