Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Compaq ide configuration

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Setup and Configuration » All the Rest » Compaq ide configuration « Previous Next »

briandennis
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 9:21 pm:   

does anyone know how the ide cables should run between the dvd (master), the cd (slave), and the hdd?? i took mine apart to replace a drive and can't remember how they went!!!
win
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 9:45 am:   

in a 3 drive setup with 2 cds or a dvd and a cd-rom, i would connect your primary ide cable to your hdd using the middle connector on the cable. the secondary cable would connect to your dvd drive using the middle connector for the secondary cable for the dvd drive and the terminal would be for the cd-rom drive. now, if you set it up different, that makes a difference. as in if you put the dvd on the primary, i would move it so your cd and the dvd are on the same cable, make sure you have the jumpers set right. dvd as master, hdd as master, and the cd-rom as slave to the dvd.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page