|Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 10:50 am: |
I had a new hard drive installed and when I went to restore using the discs provided when I got the machine I keep getting error message 50:4 after loading the disc. What am I dong wrong or what is wrong?????
|Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 5:28 pm: |
I found this on the compaq site. I hope it does the job
If you receive the error 50:4 or the error 182:40 while performing a Full Restore on your computer, please follow these steps:
1. When the computer starts (boots) from the QuickRestore CD, make sure that the NUM LOCK and CAPS LOCK keys are both on. You will see "Quick Restore" flashing in middle of screen.
2. When "Quick Restore" stops flashing, turn the NUM LOCK key off.
3. At the language selection, select English.
4. At the Welcome screen, continue to answer the screen prompts as instructed.
|Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 5:37 pm: |
This is the second remedy found at compaq.
1. Boot the machine from qrcd #1.
2. At the first (blinking) "compaq quickrestore" box ... press caps lock.
3. At the second (non-blinking) "compaq quickrestore" box ... press num lock.
4. You should then see a language selection screen.
5. Select a language.
6. You should then get to the quick restore welcome screen.
7. Press CTRL q.
8. You should then see the letter q in parenthesis in the title of the screen.