Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Gigabyte GA-5AX

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Setup and Configuration » Drivers, Jumper Settings & Manuals » Gigabyte GA-5AX « Previous Next »

nelsonclay
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 7:15 am:   

I go to boot up and get a blank screen video card works on other computers and there is no jumper to clear the cmos have tried removing the battery to clear but still get blank screen any other suggestions on the problem the motherboard is a gigabyte GA-5AX
Cecil
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 8:50 am:   

Do you get any beeps when booting up? What type of video card? What kind of hardware is plugged into the motherboard (hard drive, floppy, cd-rom, etc)? Can you tell if it boots up into windows?
nelsonclay
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 11:37 am:   

no beeps during boot using graphics blaster ma200series video card wich worked fine on my other computer have tried with just harddrive plugged in and videocard have tried with just video card banks 0 & 1 have 32 mb 168pin ram last bank is empty cant tell if its going to windows for sure but i dont believe so
Cecil
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 2:17 pm:   

Sounds like the bios isn't preforming a post, otherwise it should give one beep. It might be the motherboard or the cpu is bad. Try reseating the cpu. If possible try the cpu on a different machine.
nelsonclay
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 8:18 am:   

I put a different cpu in and it worked fine Thanks for your help guess ill have to go spend some cash on a new cpu today Thanks Again
Cecil
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 1:59 pm:   

You're Welcome

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page