Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Clearing Logon Passwords from Windows NT

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Setup and Configuration » All the Rest » Clearing Logon Passwords from Windows NT « Previous Next »

Tammy Horne
Posted on Wednesday, November 6, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   

I need to clear the logon passwords from Windows NT. I have tried removing the battery for 2 hours and then rebooting, but this doesn;t work. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
win
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 8:19 am:   

you need to be an administrator to do this. log in as the admin and you have all the privileges to whatever you want to do. either that, or wipe out the current install and reinstall fresh using whatever logins you wish. removing the battery will only clear the bios, if that. and maybe not even the bios password unless a jumper is used
Valur Heidar
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 1:59 am:   

U can use a password crack utility.. to clear the passwords !!!
win
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 7:53 pm:   

well, yes, you can do what Valur suggests. however, i would do that only as a last result, and only if you own the systems or are the "admin", so to speak.

last result, that is, before you reinstall given the above circumstances.
Cecil
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   

The above posts is a good example of why you must be careful of the advice that's given here. I'm not suggesting any wrong doing by anyone, but again you just don't know.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page