Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Ht1869v+ soundcard error 0002 or 0004...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Setup and Configuration » All the Rest » Ht1869v+ soundcard error 0002 or 0004 « Previous Next »

red martino
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 11:53 pm:   

I have tried to make this intigrated soundcard work for ever and it just won't work i got the driver and i am not impressed. I would buy a new card but now it's personal. If anyone out there has my back on taking out this card.
E.S.
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 2:08 am:   

is it on a PCchips board? UGH, I feel your pain. Chances are pretty good it's conflicting with a com-port. Check the IRQ usage at bootup if possible, disable any unused com-ports in the bios uninstall any drivers you have tried in safe mode, reboot, let Windows redetect the sound onboard but cancel out of the found new hardware wizard and run the Executable if thats what you have downloaded. If it still won't install, try a manual install at this point, if you get the error that no drivers are detected or not found, find the maker of the mainboards driver and try it. Hope this helps.
red martino
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 12:30 am:   

what comport should the sound chip be on?>
E.S.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 8:02 am:   

The sound card doesn't use a comport but might reside on an irq used by a comport. By disabling the comports in cmos this should free up the irq's so the sound card can use it (them).

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page