Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Gemlight P56IPS (V2) motherboard

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Setup and Configuration » Drivers, Jumper Settings & Manuals » Gemlight P56IPS (V2) motherboard « Previous Next »

Mary Davis
Posted on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 12:20 pm:   

I ahve a GMB P56IPS (v2) socket 7 mother board, with award 4.51 PG BIOS. It came with 32 mb RAM (SIMMS) and 8 G HDD, I have installed 128 MB RAM (DIMMS) AND 20 G HDD. The only thing it is recognizing is the the origianl 32 mb and the 8 G hdd. Is there jumpers on the motherboard that I need to change? Do I need both the SIMMS AND DIMMS installed? any help would be appreciated.
E.S.
Posted on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 6:17 pm:   

You have to remove the 32meg simms as they are registered in cmos bios before the dimms.
E.S.
Posted on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 6:21 pm:   

You also may have issues with the type and size of dimm you are using with that old intel chipset mainboard.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page