Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Fastest CPU for Gigabyte GA 6EA Mothe...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Setup and Configuration » All the Rest » Fastest CPU for Gigabyte GA 6EA Motherboard « Previous Next »

Mohammed
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 11:48 am:   

Hi

I have a Gigabyte GA 6EA motherboard with Pentium 2 233 MHZ CPU and am keen to upgrade the CPU without changing the motherboard. What is the fastest CPU (P3-Not Celeron) that can be used and what, if any, settings on the motherboard will need to be changed, and how?

Advice appreciated
Vera (Vera)
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 6:08 pm:   

hi
follow this link
http://www.giga-byte.com/support/support.htm
you will find a downloadable manual which should tell you what you need to know
Craig
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 3:24 pm:   

Crazy Mouse. I am having intermittent problems with my PS2 mouse. At times I only have to put the cursor over an icon and it will open it up. If I do left click an icon it will open up the program 10-15 times like I was left clicking like a madman. I have had this computer since new and it has never missed a beat. I have just moved house, I thought the computer may have been shaken around, or there is some emf thing happening in the house, the computer is not near anything else though. I noticed there is a stray voltage on the case screws, this only happens when I am powering the monitor direct from the computer. Using another power source for the monitor this stray case voltage goes yet the mouse still plays up. Then there are times when it will work fine. I looked inside the case and everything appears normal, nothing obviously wrong. I am thinking something is wrong with the power supply, or emf from something else, or could this be a virus? I can't explain why this problem is intermittent. I have had a look inside the mouse carefully cleaned it etc. Other than moving nothing else is different or new. Any help appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page