Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

ONLINE FAX ?

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Audio and Input Devices (mouse, keyboard, joystick, etc.) » ONLINE FAX ? « Previous Next »

J-J
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2001 - 6:59 pm:   

Is it possible to fax while you're still connected to your ISP via modem? I don't use fax that much, so I don't need it to be always on. But disconnecing and reconnecting to send faxes is a real time-waster. And how can an incoming fax get through if the connection is taken by my ISP?
I hear that a DSL connection would solve this problem, but DSL is hard to get in my area.
E-Fax.com provides a free service that lets you receive faxes via a special number. However, the number is probably going to be out of your local area - and who's going to pay long-distance rates send you a fax? You can get a local number and the ability to send faxes for a monthly fee (plus maybe a charge per fax) with the E-Fax Plus package.
Anyone have any other ideas? This seems so basic, but I can't find a lot of information about it.
Rob (Robwalk)
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2001 - 6:22 pm:   

I have a 56K modem and it will only handle one connection at a time. I have to disconnect from the ISP in order to send a fax. I dont know of any modems that will handle two calls at once.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page