Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

USB Problems

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Audio and Input Devices (mouse, keyboard, joystick, etc.) » USB Problems « Previous Next »

Dan Lopez
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 5:30 pm:   

I recently installed a new video card into my computer. This required that I go into the bios and make some changes (AGP Changes only as to the manufacturers suggestion). After a week, I finally got it going. The problem is that I can't not get my camera and scanner to work. Both were hooked up to the USB slots on the motherboard. I was advised to delete the USB ports in the device manager. After rebooting it states USB found and the wizard starts..... The end problem is that the wizard and I can't find the drivers anywhere (Window 98 disk, SOYO motherboard disk.) What am I doing wrong? Have I created a monster?

P.S. I also would like to install a 4 Port USB into a PCI slot.

Thank in advance
Dan
Brent Hughes (Brenthughes)
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 11:23 am:   

Drivers for your scanner and camera are most likely on the install disks for each. If you can not find them, they are there, go to the manufacturers' site for the up to date drivers. The performance of my old Mustek flatbed was dramatically improved with the newer 32 bit drivers I got from their website.

As for the USB in the PCI issue, WHY? Put your hub on the existing USB and daisy chain devices and or more hubs as you add peripherals. Up to 128 devices can be supported in this manner.
Rubix
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 4:04 am:   

Hi,
Iím having problems with USB! My Comp wonít recognise my Digital Camera!
Manufacturer says that XP should establish its own drivers when connecting the camera, but not so! And yes the camera was turned on! All usb ports work fine with other peripherals, and there are no conflicts showing!
Have checked BIOS and USB is enabled!
Does not show up under mass storage in ĎMy Computerí!
Does anyone have any suggestions?? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page