Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Wont boot display

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Video Related Problems » Wont boot display « Previous Next »

japskunk
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 4:58 am:   

I just had an ASUS board giving me a beep error code that my memory was bad. i have 3 sticks of 128 and tried them all in various combinations, and it wouldnt start up and display at all on my monitor. so i bought a MSI K7T turbo board and a new faster chip 750 duron. everything will start up you can see the fan moving hear the hard drive starting up. no beep, no display, and on this board it has a diode trouble shooter on the board itself. that wont come on. and still no video. i tried 2 different video cards and they wont work and i tried another monitor and it wont work??? got any ideas to what could be the problem?
hardware...
K7T turbo ms-6330
750 mhz duron
3dfx 3500 voodoo video
128 mb ram
no jumpers on board it all auto detect

please help
V (Vera)
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 2:11 pm:   

did you check the manual to be sure you have the right type of memory?
do you have access to another known working computer to test the memory, one stick at a time?

also to try known good ram in your boards
just some ideas
Dragan
Posted on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 9:07 pm:   

I just had and fixed a similar problem (where everything seemed to work but i had no display). Check to make sure that the switch on your case is set to the right voltage.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page