Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Internal speaker beeping

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Audio and Input Devices (mouse, keyboard, joystick, etc.) » Internal speaker beeping « Previous Next »

Michael Sorrell
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 5:19 am:   

The internal speaker of my pc starts beeping whenever I use the keyboard or mouse after a couple of minutes of using computer from switch on. It's not overheating and the RAM is ok any suggestions?
Paul Shiver
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 7:11 am:   

I had a similar problem, I ended up replacing a bunch of things because I never find anyone that knew what the problem was. Start cheap - check the power supply, next I would try the video card. Check the website for the manufacturer of your motherboard.
Roberto
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 2:40 pm:   

How much RAM is installed on your machine? Try hitting F8 when you see "Starting Windows" in the boot up process, pick the step by step startup option. Maybe this will help you pinpoint the problem.
Michael Sorrell
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 8:39 am:   

I have 256Mb RAM. I will try the step by step start up.
The power supply is o.k, what do I need to check on the video card?
Roberto
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 9:28 am:   

Here is a website with the basic beepcodes from the different BIOS manufacturers. See if you can match up the instance on your computer with the explanation.

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
V (Vera)
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 9:36 am:   

it's really bugging me because awhile back i ran across this problem posted in one of the forums i go to.darned if i can remember the details or where it was posted.but it seems to me this particlar problem began happening after an upgrade of some kind.he was advised to turn off cpu temp warning or something similar and that should do it.did it work for him?i don't know but just thought i'd throw it out there anyway:-)
Paul Shiver
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 5:01 am:   

That could have very well been me. I had a time with those beep codes. I finally ended up replacing my motherboard, something that I wanted to do anyway. When I installed a new hard drive it stopped for a couple of weeks, same with the processor, but eventually it started again and when I used PC Probe it threw up an box that says my 'V Core Voltage was out of range'. Don't ask me =/
V (Vera)
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 10:35 am:   

probably, but i know i saw it on the internet somewhere else too.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page