Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

How do you determine processor speed?

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Motherboard / CPU Related » How do you determine processor speed? « Previous Next »

Brent Hughes (Brenthughes)
Posted on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 12:39 pm:   

Through folly of my own I have had to have a motherboard replaced. The dealings with the vendor were long and protracted and did not leave me with the feeling that he would get any more of my business. Therefore I took the MB to another dealer for a processor and assembly. I was billed for an AMD 1.2 GHz chip but have the feeling that's not what I got. The boot is too fast for me to see the screen report on the chip speed and make (I am visually impaired) and I need another way of telling what processor is in the system. Any ideas welcome.
Dave
Posted on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 2:21 pm:   

When the CPU speed flashes on during boot, hit the "pause" key. This will halt the boot process so that you can study the screen at leisure. To resume booting up, simply hit any key. You can also hit the delete key during the early phases of boot and enter bios setup. Most motherboards today allow you to set the cpu speed from cmos setup, so you should be able to see it there.
V (Vera)
Posted on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 5:27 pm:   

have you been treading where angels fear to tread, AGAIN? :)
Brent Hughes (Brenthughes)
Posted on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 8:01 pm:   

Yeah....but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks!
B

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page