Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Computer "scanner not found " message...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Printer, Scanner, Camera and USB » Computer "scanner not found " message « Previous Next »

Virginia Morrell
Posted on Wednesday, January 2, 2002 - 5:15 pm:   

I have installed 3 scanners in the last 2 weeks.
Each time a message comes up saying scanner not found when I run the program. I have talked to technicians from each company. They lead me through several "try thises and thats" and I still have the same problem. What to do? Please e-mail your suggestions to dvmorrell@yahoo.com.
Virginia Morrell
Posted on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 3:37 pm:   

Thanks to all the responses I received about the scanner problem. I gave up tying to fix it myself and took it to a repair man. He said there were bits of the first two scanners still on the computer that did not uninstall. Also, he said the
usb ports were giving problems and he corrected it. Now I can scan.
John Spillman
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:26 pm:   

I have an HP 5200C scanner that worked until recently. I downloaded a patch from HP's web site that would allow me to scan documents into Microsoft Word. I installed the patch and the scanner did not work after that. I get the scanner not found error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner software 3 times to no avail. I have also tried both USB ports and the parallel port, but nothing seems to work. E-mail me with suggestions at isvantalky@aol.com.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page