Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

P6SEP-Me motherboard ram problem

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Motherboard / CPU Related » P6SEP-Me motherboard ram problem « Previous Next »

tinker
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 9:00 pm:   

366 mhz Celeron. Upgraded ram with 128 meg sdram, memory wouldnt work, found another 128 and it worked fine. Installed Belarc Advisor which makes it easy to check hardware and software installed on machine. Program reports six???? dimm slots on board with 120 meg less 8 for onboard audio,256 meg, 128 meg, 64 meg, 16 meg, 8 meg. In reality there are three physical dimm slots with a 128 meg sdram in dimm one, the other two slots are empty. Manual for mobo is useless, manufacturer hasn't answered e-mail in two weeks. Machine works, but this problem with the ram is bothering me. The computer will not boot if any of the remaining two dimm slots are filled with ram, used 32 megs. I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.
E.S.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 9:22 pm:   

What Belarc advisor is trying to tell you in its own funny little way is what memory sizes each slot is capable of handling and is actually seeing ram slots as they would appear broken down into banks of memory I believe upto 1.5 Gig for the SiS 620 so the math is 3X Dual inline slots for a total of 6 banks of memory. ECS recommends using all same density same brand DIMM's if possible when memory is to occupy more than one slot. This chipset also has issues with memory timings so using CAS2 mixed with CAS3 is also out.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page