Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Intel BP810

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Motherboard / CPU Related » Intel BP810 « Previous Next »

William Miller
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 7:49 pm:   

I have an Intel motherboard in my kids computer with a 400 celeron cpu. I would like to put the fastest cpu in it i can find that will work. The problem is i cannot find any info on this board to tell me how fast i can go. The part number on the board is (IUBP94712901 AA 753187-205). If anyone has any info. on this board i would appreciate it. Thanks
Matt Weston (Matt12330)
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 8:53 pm:   

When you first turn the machine on, it should display a BIOS identification string.
It might flash by quickly, but it might help provide information as to who manufactures the mobo.

A Celeron 400 runs on a 66 mhz system bus. I'll assume that your board is designed to run at that speed. That is probably going to limit your options to another celeron or a p2 under 333 mhz (if you can find one)
What socket configuration is your processor ?
See support.intel.com/support/processors/procid/ptype.htm if you aren't sure.

An awful lot of boards on the market are "off" brands - they might have an Intel chipset, but not be supported by Intel.

If you can post back with the ID string, I can do some more research.
E.S.
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 9:09 pm:   

BP810 at http://www.directron.com/bp810.html PPGA Package only upto 500 MHZ. Because it is an OEM only motherboard Bios updates are only available through the System Manufacturer. If you need a manual for the board Intel does offer it in PDF format at http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/oem/
E.S.
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   

To date, I have setup over 400 of these boards since 1/2/2K, never sent any back so far. I use a BP810 here as a Freesco router and firewall.
William Miller
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 2:20 pm:   

My bios is BP81010A.86A.0009.P05 and is a PPGA. I appreciate the help anyone can give to speed this up.
E.S.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 3:15 pm:   

500 MHZ max PPGA celeron is the best you will do. The motherboard already has the latest bios, sorry. How about more memory or is it full to 512 meg?
E.S.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 3:23 pm:   

Whoops, Sorry 256 meg is max on this version with 1 DIMM.
William Miller
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 4:15 am:   

I saw Intel makes a 566 MHZ PPGA celeron. This is the largest PPGA I saw. Is 500 the max or will this 566 work. I have 128 meg in it right now and i am going to put in a 256.This is my kids computer and works good for them , i am just trying to speed it up a little for them . thanks for the help.
E.S.
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 9:15 am:   

I know the 500 works in it, not sure about above that. If 566 really is a PPGA it would be worth it to try. 166 MHZ should be a good bump up where 100 MHZ probably wouldn't even be noticed. The RAM upgrade will give the most notable performance boost.
Kevin Barbour
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 7:58 pm:   

533 MHZ works but it isn't worth the upgrade..Get more memory instead..and be careful with that..it has to be 16x8 industry standard CL2
Kevin Barbour
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 7:58 pm:   

533 MHZ works but it isn't worth the upgrade..Get more memory instead..and be careful with that..it has to be 16x8 industry standard CL2..the max is 256 MB

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page