Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Here's a baffling problem for ya.

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » CD, CDR, CDRW and DVD Related » Here's a baffling problem for ya. « Previous Next »

Nick Sayce
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 4:01 pm:   

I have a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R1002 combined CDRW/DVD drive.The problem is, it burns to CD, it reads DVD's but it refuses to read any CD's i put in there.The light comes on, then goes off quickly, the CD doesn't spin and it usually locks my computer.How can it read DVD's and burn to CD's if it won't bloody well read CD's?Please help cos Tiny are telling me I have to pay to have my computer sent off for 3 weeks when I know full well there's no problems with the computer, just the infernal DVD/CDRW drive.After-sales support my arse.
Kevin
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 6:35 am:   

The most full proof way of making sure it is not a operating system problem is.

A clean install of the OS and then install the drive's drivers and software.

Or better yet put the drive in another computer and see if it works the same.
Nick Sayce
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 4:37 am:   

Thanks. I'll try putting it in another computer, the thing is the only one I can use is my Dads. A 486DX/4 100 so I'm not sure if i's gonna wanna know about all this newfound DVD technology stuff. Thanks for the help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page