Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Printer runs at a snails pace

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Printer, Scanner, Camera and USB » Printer runs at a snails pace « Previous Next »

Bill Macomber
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 5:10 pm:   

My Brother MFC has slowed from printing a page in about 30 seconds to about ten minutes. It seems this happened after I downloaded a device driver for an Hp952 printer from HP. Everything else is working fine. I was hoping someone had an idea what the problem might be.

Thanks,
Bill
win
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 7:39 pm:   

was it an upgrade to the former driver? you can try reverting to the older driver and see what happens. but first, what os (operating sytem) do you have and specs on the computer, also, the hookup, eg: usb, parallel...
Bill Macomber
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 3:40 am:   

The device was new and I'm running Windows 98 on a Pentium II with 128mb ram. The printer is LPT.

Thanks,
Bill
win
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 12:24 pm:   

possible that hp's software overwrote something. hard to tell what it did without more info.
Bill Macomber
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 2:48 pm:   

Win,

Thanks for the help. When you mentioned the Hp software overwriting I reinstalled the device drive for the Brother MFC and everything is working great now.
win
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   

right on. glad to help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page