|Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 5:17 am: |
I am not sure what to do... Last night I was using my computer as normal, and all of a sudden the cable on my mouse started to heat up. It was so hot it started to melt. I turned off the computer and it cooled down, but heated up again when I turned it back on. Meanwhile I've had to fish out a serial mouse that is giving me hell.
Does anybody know what the problem could be, and how it could be fixed?
|Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 7:43 am: |
I can't be certain but it sounds like there is faulty wiring. Chances are that the cable's been bent just a bit to sharply.
So the electrical energy is coming out as heat.
It would probably be better to buy a new mouse as it would be cheaper than having it repaired.
If you still have problems you should contact your retailer or a computer repairman(person)