Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hack a Floppy

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Hard Drive and Storage Related » Hack a Floppy « Previous Next »

Lana McHenry
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 12:43 pm:   

Does anyone know how to access a document if you lost the floppy? I've tried, but I need help.
Thanks,
Lana
win
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 3:34 pm:   

assuming it's on the floppy in question, and it's been deleted, you can try undelete, see if something comes up, the first character of the file wile be renamed. unless overwritten, you may still be able to retrieve it by renaming the character to the correct one.
Lana McHenry
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 2:32 pm:   

See, I created a shortcut to the documents when they were still on the Document Tab on the File Menu but now a 'missing shortcut' box comes up when I want to access it. And I'm wondering if there's anyway to get them from there, but I'll try what you said anyway.
Thanks
win
Posted on Thursday, September 5, 2002 - 3:33 am:   

ah, so the floppy still has the files? can you access them directly? since you created a shortcut to a shortcut, and eliminated the one on the tab, the other shortcut you created won't work, unless you copy it, not make another shortcut, if that makes sense. insert the floppy and try it unless the actual files on the floppy are gone.
Lana McHenry
Posted on Thursday, September 5, 2002 - 12:59 pm:   

The actual files without the floppy aren't on the Document Menu bar anymore, the only thing I have is what you said - the short cut of the short cut left. So I suppose the documents will always be lost. Thanks for all your help, though, I appreciate it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page