|Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 11:33 am: |
- acer v55la-2 motherboard with a pentium mmx 166 ( build in 1997 or so)
- chipset ali m1521 (rev29)
- bios 2.10 with bios- id acr...-r03-a2
- in the bios- setup/ advanced setup is no possibility to enable the usb host!
but the green lamp on the usb- scanner burns!
i already contacted the acer- support and did everything they told me (download the latest bios from their ftp- site with the flasher, read the hole manual...) but they cannot help me!
i ran a test- program and it told me:
- "dmi version is 2.0 but minimum is 2.1"
can i upgrade it?
- "acpi is not found"
is it neccesary?
- "apm bios is not installed"
do i need it?
- "booting from cd- rom", "supports escd", can be updated", "can be shadowed", "bios chip in socket", "supports selective booting" ... my bios support any of this features (...whatever that means)
so can you help me???
thank you very much
|Posted on Monday, November 4, 2002 - 10:15 am: |
maybe someone has a working bios that supports usb-host-controller...
|Posted on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 10:21 am: |
|Posted on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 5:24 am: |
I found the following on a support site for your board:
"Your Aspire system was produced during the very early stages of USB. We were ahead of the technology and installed USB ports in anticipation of USB standards being released. However those standards, and the support for USB was not available at the time your system was released. Therefore, the USB ports do not function and will not support USB devices."
The following link has more information on the acer v55la-2 motherboard.
Sorry it could not be better news.
replies: remove MAPSON from address