|Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 12:03 pm: |
I must be doing something simple wrong, I just can't think of what. I am
attempting to install my notebook harddrive into my desktop computer for
file transfer. I have an adapter and it is installed correctly on the
drive. The pin 1's are correct It will not get recognized.
1. Set up drive as master and had it alone on the cable.
2. Set up drive as master with cdrom as slave. Cdrom can read but no hard
3. Set up harddrive as slave with cdrom as master. Cdrom reads but no
4. Went into bios and manually configured hard drive as secondary master
and inserted info C/H/S. On boot reported that secondary master hard drive
5. Ran windows add hardware wizard but the drive is never recognized
I have a desktop harddrive that I tested these setup's with and it worked
correctly and was automatically recognized. I have basically run out of
ideas and am hoping that someone else has some.
This is the harddrive I have
and I have a A7V 333 asus motherboard and my operating system is windows 2000. Incidentally the hard drive has never shown up in the Administrative options.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Floyd
|Posted on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 12:05 pm: |
Sorry, forgot to add that I had the adapter tested at the shop I bought it at and they tell me it works properly. Floyd
|Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 8:26 pm: |
Well After all that work I took the adapter back and had them retest it. A different tech told me it didn't work, gave me a new cable and everything worked perfectly. Just shows you it is usually something simple. Floyd