Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hard drive data transfer

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Hard Drive and Storage Related » Hard drive data transfer « Previous Next »

Reubs
Posted on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 5:58 pm:   

I have just got a new 40gig HD and will put Win98 onto it.The P.C. has currently got a 5gig HD in it and I would like to transfer all the data /files etc from the 5 gig to the new 40 gig.
The 5 gig HD will be coming out of the p.c. when transfer complete.
`What is the easiest way to do the transfer?
Should I install win 98 on the 40 gig first or can I just transfer all the data etc over without installing Win98 first?
I appreciate that this subject has probably been covered before but this is the first time I will have done this particular task and I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
win
Posted on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 9:08 pm:   

it depends on the bios in the pc. will it take a 40gig hd? you can use ghost if it will, and if it won't. use ez-drive to get the 40gig to be recognized and copy all the 5gig to the 40gig.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page