Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hard drive AAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH!

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Hard Drive and Storage Related » Hard drive AAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH! « Previous Next »

Reubs
Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 10:23 am:   

Following on from the post below, the bios of the mobo will only recognise the HD as 8.3g not 40g.So If I put the 40g into a new pc with an up to date mobo that will recognise it as a 40,and do a clean install of win98 from scratch so in effect it is a brand new p.c. Would it be possible to put the old 5g in as a slave and then transfer the files from the slave to the master? then remove the 5g from the system?? Has this been done successfully and wass the o/s removed from the slave before transfering the datd to the master?
OR am I just getting myself very confused? and clutching at straws.
I do not have Ghost or drive image to use.
Cheers
Kevin
Posted on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 3:37 am:   

Yes I've done that and similar a few times with no problem the other drive just adds itself as a new letter.

The letter then dissapears after removal.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page