Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Upgrading Ram memory from Simm to Dim...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Motherboard / CPU Related » Upgrading Ram memory from Simm to Dimm in 5STX motherbroad « Previous Next »

•••••
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 8:12 am:   

Hello. I've been trying to find out what kind of Dimm Ram Memory is possible to install in the 5STX motherboard but I haven't found any information about it. Does somebody know if it should be PC-100, PC-133 or other kind? For now I only know it has to be 168-pin and the higher can be 256 MB. The manual says it's SDRAM, unbuffered and 3.3 V.

Thank you all...

María Jesús
E.S.
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 9:24 pm:   

At http://www.vctboard.com/eng/dwnld/usrmnl.htm you can download the manual for the ZIDA 5STX Motherboard, from what I can gather from this boards manual 256 meg of ram is the maximum for SIMM memory but unknown for DIMM type and memory configuration, the manual does state that you can "not" mix simm and dimm together. Try low density pc100 double sided dimms. The illustration shows a 128 bit module (in text only) and this tells me that higher density memory may not work.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page