Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Booting Problum

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Dead, Dying or Booting Problems » Booting Problum « Previous Next »

Nicholas
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 7:16 pm:   

I've recently built myself a computer but am haveing problums booting up and restarting.

1. Sometimes(about 80% of the time)when i turn on my computer all i get is 3 beeps(1 long and 2 short)and then it sounds like it booting but its not. Could it be the power supply?

2.Whenever i restart the computer it doesnt restart. it stays at a black screen and never reboots.

Motherboard = gigabyte GA-7DXR+
cpu = amd athlonXP 1800+
512MB ddr ram
maxtor 40 & 60 gig HD
nvidia geforce 4mx video card
os = Windows XP Home Edition

If any one can help that would be great.
Big Guy
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 10:58 am:   

Are you able to see anything on the monitor? I have had trouble with bad video cards (possibly just not connected firmly). I have had to push them all the way in, then the computer boots up just fine.
Nicholas
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 8:34 pm:   

No nothing on the monitor after the beeps. I just took everything out of my computer and put them back piece by piece. The weird thing is my computer was fixed when the hard drive, cd rom, floppy, ram, and video card were installed.
The problum came back when my video card was in one of the top 3 pci slots, but it worked in the bottom 2.

Then no matter where i put my network card or sound card in my problum came back.

Could i posibly have a bad motherboard?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page