Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

How do you increase the AGP data rate??

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Motherboard / CPU Related » How do you increase the AGP data rate?? « Previous Next »

steveruss
Posted on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 9:50 am:   

I've run a tune up program and it tells me that I should increase my AGP data rate to 2x. I've got all the latest mini-port drivers and that my nVidia card will support 2x... How do you increase it??
E.S.
Posted on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 10:15 am:   

What Motherboard do you have?
E.S.
Posted on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 10:17 am:   

On some motherboards (new) you setup the AGP in CMOS bios settings for AGP 1X 2X 4X 8X etc. You really have to know the capabilities of the chipset on the motherboard and what the video card is capable of.
steveruss
Posted on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 11:08 am:   

I have a Gigabyte GA-71XE4 motherboard with the latest BIOS and there is no mention of AGP rates.

I've got the latest AMD chipset too. Any further advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve
E.S.
Posted on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 5:21 pm:   

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=tweaks&database=357&section=downloads& download and run Getune. It will set up the registers in Windows to enable AGP 2X on your AMD 750 chipset mainboard. 2X AGP is Maximum the 750 will support.
steveruss
Posted on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 1:27 am:   

E.S.

I was hopeful of this tweak....in the readme text under system requirements it doesn't mention Windows2000 which I am running. I ticked the Intel chipset 2x button and the 2x button on amd Irongate chipset but my tune-up utility is telling me that I'm still only running at 1x.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
E.S.
Posted on Sunday, May 4, 2003 - 12:16 pm:   

This board like most of the AMD 750 based boards had problems working with the GeForce video cards at AGP 2x. If you are not using a Nvidia based card list the specifications and I will persue further.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page