|Posted on Tuesday, June 3, 2003 - 7:38 am: |
I have a PC chips M572 motherboard with the following details
BIOS release: 12/16/1997s, AMIBIOS Version 2.5
Main Processor: Pentium MMX
Processor Clock: 200MHz
Power supply type: AT
Iam having 2X16MB + 2X8MB EDO ram in the SIMM slots.
Below are my queries:
1) Can I use 128MB PC-100 or PC-133 SDRAM in the DIMM slots available? (what is the recommended speed i.e PC-100 or PC 133 or any other?)
2) If I upgrade the BIOS to 12/16/1997s release, what is the maximum HDD size that I can connect (20GB, 40GB etc)
3) Should the HDD speed also considered while connecting a new one?
If any additional information is needed kindly let me know.
|Posted on Tuesday, June 3, 2003 - 4:21 pm: |
1. SIMM1 & 2 and DIMM2, these two types of DRAM module
can not be used at the same time.
2. The speed of all SIMMs and DIMM modules have to be
faster than 70ns. So 8 or 10ns PC100 should work but only low density types apply.
3. Use 2 DRAM types: Fast Page Mode or Extend DATA Out
(EDO) for SIMM socket.
4. Use 3 DRAM types: Fast Page Mode, Extend Data Out
(EDO), or synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) for DIMM
As far as the Hard drive size goes, your better off getting an ATA 100 controller card and use it for large hard drives as many older motherboards don't support ULTRA DMA modes.
|Posted on Sunday, June 8, 2003 - 11:09 pm: |
Iam not able to use SIMM1&2 along with DIMM1 nor with DIMM2. But as per the manual i should be able to use SIMM1&2 along with DIMM1.