Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

AGP

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Video Related Problems » AGP « Previous Next »

mike simpson
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 3:50 am:   

AMD® Athlon/Duron (K7) processors
Full series of Athlon/Duron CPU including the future Athlon processors.
CHIPSET
SiS® 730S
support AGP 2.0 specification
Integrated 4X AGP in SiS® 730S
Simple LPC I/O - SiS®950/ITE8705
System Hardware Monitor: Integrated in SiS®950/ITE8705
i plug an agp geforce 5200 into the slot and i cant get it to work is there anything special i need to do, it has that integrated sis730 chipset.
E.S.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 8:50 am:   

Depends on the make and model of the motherboard. Most integrated solutions will disable the onboard video when an AGP card is inserted, however there are a few that have to be setup somewhat in the bios *before* the card is inserted. Some boards may even require a Flash Update to support the new AGP card.
Andy Walker
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 2:59 pm:   

I've just bought a Radeon 9800SE AIW to replace a GeForce2 GTS.

The GeForce was a great card and ran pretty much everything, it was beginning to get a bit stretched by the resolutions available now and I wanted DVI. Problem is, the Radeon won't work with GTA3 or the demo for Commandos3 and I'm wondering if this will be the norm!

My hardware config is thus...
Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394 MB with 512Mb of 400Mhz RAM
80Gig Maxtor HDD
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Radeon 9800SE AIW

The driver on my system for the Radeon is supplied by ATi version 6.14.10.6396
The AGP driver is from SiS version 7.2.0.1130

It first started by playing GTA3 and then locking up part way through after a couple of stutters, now it just won't run.

If I put my old GeForce back in and reinstall the nVidia drivers it all works fine, but this is not the answer.

Any Ideas?
Es
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 8:02 pm:   

I'm not a big ATI fan just because of the type of issues you are experiencing some of it is the card and some of it being the AGP port, You might try the cat 3.9 drivers for the video card and the hot fix that was posted a couple days ago to fix opengL problems and ATI AIW cards.
Andy Walker
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 5:32 am:   

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try, may have a go at returning the card!
Wayne Lewis
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 2:40 am:   

To the origianl post: With some SiS 730S boards you need to install the AGPVXD for external AGP. I have also read that because of the chipset specifications, it will only take 4x NVidida TNT series. I don't know how true this is, but it's what I read.

Also. Did you have any problems using your onboard AGP? I'm having allot of problems, it is detailed in another post on this forum.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page