Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

3DFX voodoo 3000 help needed

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Hardware » Video Related Problems » 3DFX voodoo 3000 help needed « Previous Next »

santosh
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 8:33 am:   

I purchased a voodoo 3000 AGP card.
The card works fine on the PC (AMD 900MHz, A7V via chipset) but on enabling TV out, the monitor screen gets scrambled, the Picture comes on the TV screen but it is not full screen, it is about 20" on my 27" screen.
Is there a way to make the screen full size on the TV and to remove the scrambled display. Can any one help me resolve this problem.
Thanks in advance
Dave
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 10:16 pm:   

Make sure you have the latest bios for the video card first.

Then, make sure you have the latest drivers-

http://www.3dfxgamers.com

I recommend using the beta drivers, they work better than the Microsoft certified drivers. But you might want to download the certified drivers too, just in case.

Next try adjusting your resolution and refresh rates. VooDoo drivers usually have an applet in display properties (look in control panel) that allows one stop adjustment of these values. Try different combinations until you find one that works for both your monitor and your TV.
GRAHAM WALKER
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:17 pm:   

Recently we took our PC to be repaired and the Hard Drive was replaced. The PC works fine except for one thing. The games we install are not recognising any 3D hardware. The Voodoo card (version 2) is installed and according to the Windows 98 Device Manager, there is no conflicts. However, when we install Toy Story2 and Midtown Madness2 the graphics are really poor and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer will not start because a message comes up saying "no 3d hardware found". Someone at work suggested contactin www.3dfx.com but they 've gone out of business apparently. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't profess to be any great authority on computers so if the answer is really simple then please ignore my ignorance.

GRAHAM.
Dave
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 10:52 pm:   

3DFX has been acquired by nVidia, but you can still download drivers from:

http://www.3dfxgamers.com/downloads.htm

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page