Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Can I convert scanned pictures to JPEG ?

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » All Other Software » Can I convert scanned pictures to JPEG ? « Previous Next »

Lost in cyberspace
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 2:10 pm:   

Can I convert scanned photos to JPEG? Is this an obtainable goal, Or am I burnt? I have recently added a scanner to my computer and now I want to upload pics to a web site, but it won't accept the photos. Do the pics have to be loaded as a JPEG to begin with or can they be converted? If there is a special program that is needed for this, what is it.
win
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 6:01 pm:   

you need a photo editor such as photodraw, or photoshop, to convert them to jpeg. not a problem if you buy the software.
madmclean
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2001 - 2:27 am:   

I most definately reccommend Irfan (I-View) it is a free program - incredibly simple to use and can work with almost any picture files - including gif files.

Updates are regular, and you can add on fancy stuff to edit your pictures if you want to. I use it to scan and crop, resize and convert pictures from different formats.

(Heck you can even play mp3s and some video files.)

I wouldn't swear to it but I think it's on www.irfan.com if that fails get it from ZDnet, CNet or TuCows.
shirbarr
Posted on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 5:11 am:   

Go to the site of the manufactor of your scanner for the information you need. You should be able to do this with the software that came with your scanner
Centaur1129
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 2:33 pm:   

There are several shareware programs out there that will convert your scanned pics. LView Pro, and ACDSee are my two favorites. They can convert almost any graphics file to JPG (or any other format), quickly and easily.

Good luck!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page