Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Installing Windows ME and Windows 200...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Windows 3.1, 95, 98 and ME » Installing Windows ME and Windows 2000 on the same pc « Previous Next »

Henry TD Lee
Posted on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 1:12 pm:   

My pc came preinstalled with Windows ME. Wow, it is so unstable - it crashes almost daily, which is not terribly important when playing games, but for business it's terrible.

I'd like to install Windows 2000, for it's stability, and it's ability to connect to the network at my office. On the other hand, I'd like to keep Windows ME mostly for games, because my understanding is that Windows 2000 is not compatible with a lot of games. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me if it's possible to install both operating systems on the hard drive, and how to access each for its respective functions.

Thanks.

HenryTD
E.S.
Posted on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 9:37 pm:   

I run dual boot WinMe and Win2Kpro, If you already have Me installed and are wanting to install Win2K as a secondary O.S. Just follow along in the setup of Win2K and it will ask you how to configure the system I.E. overwrite existing partition or add new Win2K partition for dual boot. select the multipartition than it will ask how large the partition should be and what File system you want, NTFS or Fat32 (find out which one your work uses so you won't have a problem between the 2 systems). After all is said and done, Win2K will automatically install a bootloader so everytime you boot up you can select which operating system you want to use.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page