|Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 1:48 pm: |
Hey, I have an AMD 1800+ with Asus A7N266-E Motherboard. I am trying to install windows on it but i am having troubles. It is telling me to Please enter system disk. I only have he operating system on CD. Wat do I do. I just built this last night.
Thanks In Advanced
|Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 5:12 pm: |
Oh I think I'm gunna cry. I just typed up a lengthy helpful response and was pleased with my work. I then closed the window forgetting to post it after the post preview page popped up. Long story short then:
To format your HDD:
1. Make a boot disk off a good computer, include FDISK and FORMAT
2. Boot new computer with boot disk, run FDISK and partition your HDD.
3. Run FORMAT C: /s and the same (without /s) for all other drives
1. Reboot and enter the BIOS setup
2. Set computer to boot from CD-rom
3. Insert Windows CD into CD-rom drive