Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Any way to access an unreadable CD-RW?

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » All Other Software » Any way to access an unreadable CD-RW? « Previous Next »

Jerold
Posted on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 9:50 am:   

I am totally pissed about Adaptec's easycd and directcd software. It randomly creates errors resulting in my losing ALL of my data saved to CD-RW CD-R's.

Is there any way to access the data that is supposed to be on my CD-RW that is unreadable whenever I put it into the drive? It just spins in the bay and it won't allow me to open up windows explorer. I usually have to force eject or reboot to get the cd out. I don't have a backup to the files on this CD-RW. Does anyone know if I can access it at all?

THanks
JErold
E.S.
Posted on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 2:46 pm:   

Depending on which version of easycd and directcd you have you should have a data/disk recovery routine under the directcd applet. If that doesn't work I'm not sure of anything else you can do besides apply patches and what not through Roxio.
Jerold
Posted on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 10:07 am:   

E.S.

Thanks! I remembered about that utility and I couldn't figure out where to find it. I ran it and I was able to read and copy the contents to my HD. Scandisk found some "corrupt files", but I was able to transfer all the folders over the the HD.
I burned a CD-R of the contents and I am trying to delete the entire folder from my HD, but it is giving me some kind of error that it cannot find the specified file within a folder so it won't delete it.
How can I delete the folders? ...They are on my desktop

Thanks
JErold
Posted on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 10:09 am:   

OK.

I figured it out.

I renamed the folder and dragged it into the trash bin.
Poooof! GONE!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page