Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Problem with pc freezing when trying ...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Windows 3.1, 95, 98 and ME » Problem with pc freezing when trying to open Word2000. « Previous Next »

John Henry
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 9:23 am:   

This happens every time I click the Word icon or from Programs menu, I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled it several times but the same thing happens. I have reinstalled Windows 98 SE on top of itself but the problem is still there. I get a message that I am dangerously low in resourses, and to close some programs, but there are no other programs open and I have 12 gigabytes left on my disk. This only happens to Word not any other program. I have Defraged and Scan disc. Please can you help me?
win
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 10:23 am:   

got a question, do you have symantec's winfax installed? full version, that is? if you do, go to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup folder and see if winfax's WFWORD2K.DOT file is there. (i have office 2000). for some reason, installing winfax also puts that file in the startup folder for word and it confuses it. i just make a folder and put that file above in it and keep word's normal wwebvb.dot in the main directory.

all my problems with office went away after i did so. i don't know if that's your problem, but it sounds like what was happening to me. and this was my fix.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page