Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

FTP: Major problems

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Internet Related » FTP: Major problems « Previous Next »

nicksayce
Posted on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 10:41 am:   

Can someone please help me? I'm running an FTP server using Server-U with a broadband connection in Windows ME, but the problem is it's suddenly decided to stop allowing all of my account holders accessing the site, including myself. Even anonymous logins don't work anymore. I also tried using Bulletproof FTP before Server-U and that did the same thing after a while. Please help. It's a popular ftp site and no-one can get at it. Thankyou.
win
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 10:29 am:   

one, i'd check your ports. see if the isp is blocking ftp port 21. two, recheck your settings. three. are you running thru a service or just direct from home on your local isp? static or dynamic ip address? could be messing you up if they're changing ip addresses on you for the leases. just a few things to consider. some isp's do not like you running a server from home. (thinks it has to do with how much money they get lol)

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page