Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Unable to connect to server please ch...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » All Other Software » Unable to connect to server please check your internet settings « Previous Next »

deep pain
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 9:09 am:   

I'm at work and there is nothing to do , now I want to play a javascript multiplayer game but it seems they've blocked them, their browser is msie5, whenever i try and play a game it says unable to connect to server please check internet settings... now umm when i go to internet options it says "this operation has been cancelled to to restrictions on your computer please contact your network administrator, now my boss doesn't have a clue what to do is there anyway i can bypass it to play games?
win
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 11:20 am:   

you'd have to talk to your sysadmin, either you have a restricted policy on it, and/or the network has ports blocked on it's server, ie: firewalls in place, business only...... i'm afraid. if the boss says it's ok, he's/she's got to tell the sysadmin to fix it so you can do it. ah, if you have a laptop, might try hooking up and see if you can get thru. if so, it's a policy in force on your desktop. of course, the laptop needs to have no policies on it. but will the boss ok it? that's the question.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page