Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Problem with accessing secure sites..

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Internet Related » Problem with accessing secure sites.. « Previous Next »

Alex Thomas
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 6:10 pm:   

Whenever I try to logon into a secure website that has a https:// on it like paypal I get a "cannont find server" error. And I know the websites are valid because I go on them at school. Can someone help me out here?
win
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 9:35 pm:   

i hope you have 128 bit or better encryption capability. 1) the site's not available at the time. 2) you may need to add the site to your trusted sites zone, i'd try that first: open up internet options (properties) and select the security tab. select "trusted sites" zone. there will be a button there that says "sites". click it and then add the web site to the list like this: https://www.microsoft.com and click "ok". this will add the domain to your trusted sites and the browser will use lowered security settings to load pages and/or download activex, etc. using this method on some sites that you have settings for security too high should enable you to view the site.
Alex Thomas
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 2:44 pm:   

It still does not work. I think i may not have 128bit or better encryption cabaility..how do i get this?? and the unusual thing is that i used to be able to view the sites. i have made all my internet options back to default too but that doesnt work
Alex Thomas
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 3:07 pm:   

I checked the cipher strength and it was 128bit...i enabled all the ssls and tsls and it still wont work...I am confused
win
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 9:06 pm:   

do you have any firewalls? on a network with a router? what version IE or Netsacape do you have?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page