Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

XP Installation Stuck! =(

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Windows NT, 2000 and XP » XP Installation Stuck! =( « Previous Next »

Fai Lee
Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:25 am:   

I installed XP Professional on my new desktop. It works fine the first time. But then the second time I turn my computer on, it's frozen when it's showing "Windows XP" with the black bg. I tried it a few times and it frozed again. So I changed the BIOS setting, ask the computer to boot with my CDR first.
So now I tried to reinstalled the whole OS again.... it just read my XP CD and ready to reinstall again...so everything was fine, setup looks good.... until when there's a nice looking layout showing that it is installing the devices. Which there is a blue bg screen saying how many mintues are left before the installation is done. Whenever which is saying "Installing Devices", with 35 mintues left, it stuck.
I tried to reinstall it a couple of times but it just stuck there......
HELP please. Any help is highly appreciated.
E.S.
Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 8:02 pm:   

First of all what computer do you have, are there any devices like modem or NIC sound etc. that are not supported by XP? also try installing Xp with just the video card and basic setup.
nickpapagorgio
Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 9:53 pm:   

as for E.S.'s response...as far as i know, uncompatible cards wont make the computer freeze because XP setup does a compatibility check with all hardware and creates a log file stating which devices arent supported. the devices will be installed but will be disabled. if the installation takes place, it is possible for the compatibility check to miss something. XP technology is based on NT tech and not all motherboards can handle NT technology. try installing win NT or win 2000. theses operating systems run the same as XP but differently than 95/98/ME. if your computer takes NT or 2000 then try getting a new copy of XP Pro. especially if the copy of XP pro is copied/pirated

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page