Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Microsoft Internet Explorer provided ...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Internet Related » Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by XXXXXX « Previous Next »

Big Guy
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 8:18 am:   

When I open Internet Explorer, the title bar says "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by" and then there is a famous ISP name (which escapes me right now), but it is not the ISP that I am using. Is there a way to get rid of the part after Microsoft Internet Explorer?
E.S.
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 7:48 pm:   

A snip from another Forum, it works with I.E. 4.0 and up.
If you are not comfortable with registry edits than this isn't for you. You can always download I.E. 5.5 or 6.0 and reinstall.
Open System Registry Editor and navigate to first this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main then this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main At each location, double-click the Window Title item on Registry Editor's right pane. Edit the Value data field to show the text your prefer. If you delete everything in the field, you should get Internet Explorer's original title bar text, which is "Microsoft Internet Explorer." (Note: You may not find a modified Window Title item in both Registry locations.) If you didn't find the a Window Title item in either Registry location, you can add one in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section. Click once on the Main folder to select it. Then right-click the white background anywhere on the right pane, and choose New > String Value. Name the new string value icon "Window Title" and press Enter. Now double-click it and type the text you would prefer to see in Internet Explorer's Title bar. This works in IE versions IE 4.0 and above. Close Registry Editor and launch the browser. The ISP branding should be removed. If the ISP branding is still not removed, a file ending in .INS may be controlling the title bar text on your computer. Search your whole drive for .INS files with the Find as explained above to see if this is your problem. If you find such a file, look for a line in it that reads "Window_Title=" or something like that. Change the words that follow, if they match up with what you see in your browser's title bar.
Big Guy
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 1:22 pm:   

Thanks it worked perfectly. I had tried this before, but couldn't get it to work. You just re-affirmed my decision to try again.

Thanks
E.S.
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 8:32 pm:   

Glad I could help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page