Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Can't Right-Click Desktop

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Windows 3.1, 95, 98 and ME » Can't Right-Click Desktop « Previous Next »

Apacheblue (Apacheblue)
Username: Apacheblue

Posted on Monday, December 1, 2003 - 5:13 am:   

Wdws.98se, 512MB RAM, 10GB free drive space, no viruses, no adware, no spybot, etc.. When I right-click the desktop to open a menu, I get the hourglass. After a period, I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to see the Task Manager. In Task Manager it states "Explorer(not responding)". Sometimes other utilities in Control Panel will open and show "not responding". I have already scandisk, defrag, SFC.exe and run the utilities and test in Safe Mode. Nothing has helped yet. Any suggestion? Thanks.
E.S.
Posted on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 - 8:48 pm:   

Explorer not responding problems can often be caused by some offending software or driver. What kind/type computer is it and what drivers are installed.
Apacheblue (Apacheblue)
Username: Apacheblue

Posted on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 5:19 am:   

The brand of machine is Gateway. I do not know the driver information. The folder with drivers, as expected, has a long listing of drivers with the usual abbreviated, unrecognizable names. What would I be looking for to answer your question? THANKS.
E.S.
Posted on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 12:17 pm:   

Video drivers \ chipset drivers and that sort of thing. As well as DVD video processing software such as Power DVD would/might be helpful as well. Since it is Win98SE you might also consider uninstalling any software that may have been installed at the time the problem started happening.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page