Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Message "Windows shutting down in 60 ...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » Windows NT, 2000 and XP » Message "Windows shutting down in 60 seconds" « Previous Next »

Rob (Robwalk)
Username: Robwalk

Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 5:50 pm:   

Windows xp Internet explorer.
Lately, while on the web, I get a message from the system event manager that gives me 60 seconds to save date before shutdown. Message says NT Authority System and refers to system file "winlogon has initiated a reboot". The event ID is 1074, 7023 and 7031. I dont understand any of it. Hope someone else does.
Moderator (Es)
Username: Es

Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 10:43 pm:   

Blaster Virus, First you need to disconnect the computer from the internet than enable XP's firewall reconnect. Go to Symantecs websight http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html (Norton) and download the Blaster removal tool. At this time you can also download the patch for XP DCom RPC exploit and install it. Disable system restore, reboot, run the Blaster removal tool, after it's cleaned up, enable system restore, reboot again and you should be O.K. Than get some antivirus software.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page