Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Office 2000 installed on 2 seperate m...

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » All Other Software » Office 2000 installed on 2 seperate machines, keeps accessing drive A: « Previous Next »

Danny Albers (Danny)
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 8:58 am:   

I have Office 2000 installed on two seperate computers.

Periodically, since that time, the computer will continually try and access the A: drive.

I feel this is caused by MS Office. I have turned off the document history, checked both systems for invalid shortcuts, etc...

I will be continueing to work on this, but I thought I would quickly post this incase someone else has come across this same problem.
Adam Emswiler (Abe)
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 9:28 am:   

What about the most recently used list (MRU)? I know that at times, it will try to access the documents to verify they are still there.

Just a suggestion, I'll keep looking.
Danny Albers (Danny)
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 11:57 am:   

Yes, Ive set that to track zero documents, still waiting to see if it works.

Since the computers are at an office, I cant stand around all day to see if it keeps happening, they are gonna let me know.

Thanks
win
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 8:46 pm:   

i believe you might have what i have. i have office 97 and findfast is activated. when it does an index, it seems to think that there is a document at the floppy. it tries to access it to index it. then goes on after it finds that there is no floppy and therefore, no document to index.

try looking for any shortcuts to documents saved to the floppy in office. you can also, if you're into it, uninstall findfast after deleting any indexes, and reinstall it. sometimes, this problem will go away, then. then again, maybe not. it may be somwhere else on the hard drive.
Danny Albers (Danny)
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 2:50 pm:   

I found the KAK virus, LOL, its all working good now.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page