Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Rental Computer - Registry Problems

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » Software » All Other Software » Rental Computer - Registry Problems « Previous Next »

Richard McLean
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 4:22 am:   

I have purchased an ex rental computer. Every time I try to load a new Microsoft product the registry checker comes up and shuts down the system deleting the program. Is there some way of determining what the error in the registry is and fixing it manually. Is it possible the rental company has written something into the system to prevent people from loading programs.

At a loss
Trish
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 7:00 pm:   

Who knows what the system on a rental computer has been through. I would start completely over with fdisk and a format. This is assuming you are computer knowledgable enough. There's a brief rundown at http://hardwarehell.com/fdisk.htm but if you need more info,make sure and do some searching and read up first, or find somebody that does know. There's nothing like a fresh start.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page