Main Site Nav
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Help Abit went into a comma

Trish's Escape from Hardware Hell Help Board » The Archive » Help Abit went into a comma « Previous Next »

Bewildered
Posted on Sunday, September 26, 1999 - 3:25 pm:   

Put together a 450 p3 Abit Rev2 M/B all the harware installed w/outa hitch, the last piece a Links 16Ether card
I was having conflicts wth the Irqs requested by the Links card Irq 5 240 this was been used by Sb live ,But I decided to let the card have the Irq and I wold resolve the conflict after boot up
after the regular Windows warning about having two cards havig the same Irqs , I restarted windows , I clicked ok , it close down imediately it seems to went into sleep mode , however.
It wont power up .Zilch Nada Nothing ,A slight glitch on the keyboard when the power buton is press on , So I cannot acces Bios .
I removed the Cards exept the Video ,Still Zich .
Can anyone suggest any solution I can try ? is the M/B Gone Sowth?
Bewildered

Hello! Its Alive Thanks you ,
Had the brain idea to connect the power xtra wire
the one with with 2 wires black / red and plugged
them to the pins 11-12 onto the M/B It woke up, but the red wire started SMOKING ,fried the
SUKA , Gues what I unplugged it ,Guess it dont go there anyhow,But it hums now as of now
I disable the power saving modes,
Thanks again for lissinning
Dave

Try checking the power connector to the motherboard.
This doesn't sound like any IRQ conflict I've ever
seen. Try a different video card (one you know works).
Jd

have you tried? taking the whole pc apart?and stsrting over?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page